Re: external door handle push rods

To: griffco <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: external door handle push rods
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 02 Oct 2000 05:00:12 -0500
Fred,

Craig Smith was on the list a couple of weeks ago asking about this part.  I
 had one break about a year ago - the big UK suppliers (Moss and Rimmers) do
 not stock these, only the complete handles as you describe.  However, TRGB
 (smallish outfit near Cambridge) had them in stock - and they were metal, not
 plastic.  I have no idea what their source for these parts was.

They were not perfect - the hole in the end was a little too small for the
 roll-pin, and I broke one in the effort of trying to drill the hole bigger
 (very soft metal), but it is now installed and has worked fine.

So, I guess the market must exist, if I've needed one recently, so has Craig,
 and I guess you too since you have gone to this trouble.  Looking at TRGBs
 downloadable pricing software, I THINK the relevant parts are 520260 (RH) and
 520261 (LH), in which case their prices are 5.95 and 3.95 GB pounds
 respectively - no idea why they should be different.  This could be wrong, as
 descriptions in their software are brief and therefore not very definitive.
 If you want, I could delve through my pile of old receipts to see if I can
 confirm the part numbers/prices, I keep just about all receipts for every part
 I buy.

I'm sorry you have gone to so much trouble to produce these things - I did copy
 my reply to the list, saying that I had bought them successfully.  However, if
 no-one in the US or Canada sells them, that is still a ready market for you,
 people should find you easier than ordering them from the UK - and indeed,
 most people would never track them down from TRGB, they are too small an
 outfit for many people outside Cambridgeshire to know about (at least if I
 hadn't mentioned that they sell them to all on this list - sorry!).  Also, I
 know that TRGB had them about 1 1/2 years ago - whether they still do who
 knows?

Richard and Daffy