San Diego British car day -

To: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Subject: San Diego British car day -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:31:15 -0700
>Did you go to the San Diego do at Bonsall? My friend Martin was going-I
think he was taking his silver '60 MGA.
Yep I did, and he may have been there as well.  It was a beautiful day with
what must have been close to 300 cars.  met several listers that I haven't
before, and some I had.   20 or so Roll's, most I've ever seen at any show.
  large contingency of Triumphs, more so than I can remember in recent
memory, almost as many as MG's!  One perfect example of a Triumph 1800
sedan (which should have won an award but didn't for some funny reason) was
parked right next to my little GT.  Made it look tiny:-) - Possibly because
there wasn't a class for it, although the "other" should have qualified I
think.  Unfortunately, that was shoved in with the Spitfire class
("Spitfire and other", which is also the class I was in)  Go figure -
Also one particularly outrageous bright red, square tail Spitfire body
sitting on top of a custom made frame/suspension, with a HUGE engine bubble
probably 1 foot high and a couple of feet wide extending into a point all
the way to the front of the 8 or so inch extended length bonnet, sprouting
a 460 big block with octopus pipes sticking into the engine compartment on
each side, and terminating into a 2-1/2 to 3 inch pipe that exited out
through a hole in each (extended) lower front sill, then along the sides
"a-la Cobra."  Really narrowed 9 inch ford, tubbed, etc. Lots and lots of
money, and well executed for the most part, but a little over the top for
my taste.  Would have fit right in at Route 66 though.  Hardly seemed
practical for the street but I'm sure it went like stink if you could keep
the darn thing in a straight line (shades of the rocket pack strapped to
the back of a car if you know what I mean.  Thank god there aren't any
sheer cliffs around there :-})
Also a nice TR6 with the Lucas fuel injection installed - a handful of
Spits (Jeff and Ken C's from the list, Jeff's wife doesn't know what she
missed, bring her and the kids on down to Triumphest! - ).  The usual
TR250's TR4's, TR3's and one TR2, and of course the 2000 sedan that they
are raffling off at Triumphest 2000.  Unfortunately, No Heralds or Vitesses
-  otherwise a great show - Spent a wonderful time with the wife, a picnic
lunch, her sister and family, plus the rest of the people I chatted with.
As usual, I never had enough time to talk at length with everybody I wanted
to. . .

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)