looking for info on LeMans spitfire preparation.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for info on LeMans spitfire preparation.
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:32:47 -0500
Hi all.

Now fully in build-a-bastard mode I have completed the extraction of FeCr,
aka rust on 'scrappy'.  The engine appears to want to mount on the BACK of
the suspension towers now, not the front.  However, I must notch the frame
to make the TR6 transmission fit.

The question:

Since it is widely known that the ADU cars used TR4 trannies,  who can speak
to the nature of the frame modifications.  (Keep in mind that my car will
have a perimeter 3x3 boxbeam frame running "through" the doors with a floor
brace or two).  Do I even need to worry about this notching (a continuation
of the notch that the factory put in for the mount).

I know someone out there just bought one of these cars,  can he (or she)
please chime in?  This has become a sort-of purist project and I'd like to
do it as close as possible and all TR parts (even though the Honda front
suspension will fit almost right into the rear end)

Dave T