RE: lock barrel removal

To: "'John Hobson'" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lock barrel removal
From: "Norby, Mark A" <NorbyMA@LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:01:12 -0600
John,

I removed mine and did a little home locksmithing with a file to make all of
the locks work on one key.  You don't actually need to keep all of the
tumblers in the barrel, anyway.  Mine only had four in each, so it was
pretty easy to deal with.  The prospect of someone actually picking or
duplicating a Spitfire lock is pretty silly - and they could just unsnap the
top.

Anyway, a file can eliminate the inconvenience factor of different locks.

If you give up, you can have a locksmith match them, too.

-Mark
'77 Spit 1500