Re: exhaust header for spitfire

To: "CARS Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: exhaust header for spitfire
From: "Matthew Van Benschoten" <mvb@voyager.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:35:07 -0400
Jeff,
I have this header on my 78 spit. It's of poor quality, nothing against
Trevor. Mine cracked at the collector shortly after installing. If you do
purchase this header make sure you put a flex coupling between the collector
and the underbody pipe. I was fortunate enough to come across a few flex
couplings, I think from an early 80's Honda, that I could modify to fit my
system. In addition to the poor fabrication  the chrome finish on my pipe
started flaking off after about 50 miles. Good luck.

Regards,

Matthew Van Benschoten
mvb@voyager.net
http://www.sundanceracing.com