Freddy the Spit has a new BIG brother...

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Freddy the Spit has a new BIG brother...
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:23:28 -0400
Hey gang,

I have to announce that Freddy the Spit has a new BIG brother - a 1972
Landrover SIII 88! Yes, I have succumbed to MBVD (Multiple British Vehicle
Disease). The best (!?) part is - it was FREE! Got it from a friend who has
owned it for many, many years - he realized he would probably not ever do
anything with the truck, so he gave it to me. It was parked up in a nice
dry garage about seven years ago due to a badly wornout carb, but it does
run. Rough but complete. Parts prices are a little scary compared to Spits
though! Will be nice not to have to worry about cosmetics on this one - it
even has a nice riveted aluminium patch on the driver's door! ;-) Needs a
name too! ;-)

My goal is to have it road-worthy for the British Invasion next year - I
want to drive around in the mud!

If anyone can point me to a good mailing list for these beasts I would
appreciate it.

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine