Re: Electronics help - Sp3500 project

To: "Michael D. Nugent, Ph.D." <nugentmd@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Electronics help - Sp3500 project
From: "Paul Cartwright" <pcart@willinet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:29:34 -0700
I believe I have a solution that would be easier to implement.  It involves
using a 12v normally closed (NC) relay and a 12v normally open, time delay
relay (NOTD).  The coils on both relays are powered by the ignition.  To
supply the power for the load connect the source to one of the contacts on
the 12v NC relay and the other contact to one of the contacts on the 12v
NOTD  relay.  Connect the load to the other contact on the 12v NOTD.

When the ignition is turned on the power will be supplied because the 12v NC
relay close right away and the 12v NOTD will be closed until the time delay
is reached.  When the time delay is reached the 12v NOTD will open, stopping
current from flowing to the load.

If needed I could draw the circuit and email it to you.

Please note: I am not an electrical engineer, use at your own risk. 'Nuf
Said.

Paul Cartwright