Re: Toyota conversion available

To: "Norby, Mark A" <NorbyMA@LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM>,
Subject: Re: Toyota conversion available
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:48:11 -0500
I've seen such a conversion in a 1500 Spit.  I don't know the letter of the
Toyota engine.  All I know is that it was an engine & trans from a mid to
late 70s 1.6 liter Toyota (Corolla I think?).  Very clean.  Original Spit
bonnet with no mods, and IIRC, no cut on the firewall.  Maybe some brakets
for the engine supports and something about the trans cover.  The shift
lever was almost at the same location as the original transmission.

Very clean indeed, looked factory (I had to take a double look to noticed it
wasn't the original engine) and the guy said that reliability was what you'd
come to expect from Toyota with the added bonus of a 5 speed transmission.

I'll try do get more info on it but it may take a while (I probably won't
see the guy, which I don't even know his name, before next Spring)

Cheers
Steph
Ottawa, Canada
'69 Spit - Hers (Parked for the winter)