Re: fiberglass leaf

To: "J Constantino" <jjcon2@yahoo.com>, <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: fiberglass leaf
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:02:52 -0500
After seeing the link I contacted them about a Spitfire 1500 'swing spring'
They only (already) produce a single leaf spring ($220-quoted to me)

How would this single leaf setup work.  I guess I'm kinda' going back to
the lengthy thread about camber compensators and fixed vs swing spring setups.

Would a fixed spring on a 1500 end up needing (suggested needing) a Camber
Compensator to limit tuck?    Ill effects?    Joe C?

I like the idea that the spring weighs something like 8 lbs vs the stock swing
spring
at close to 40 lbs.

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com