no fan o'fan clutches

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: no fan o'fan clutches
From: "Ron & Susan" <rroach@direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:43:44 -0800
Hi all, I've found an o/d setup for my Spit, so on the way out to get it
installed the dreaded fan clutch decided to let go, and take out the rad!
Thanks to BCAA(BC's version of AAA) a flat bed truck took my car the rest of
the way(maybe the Only way to go out in an LBC? :) )
so $160 later for a used rad and a MKIV permanently mounted fan water pump,
and bright orange fan(expensive parts, but they were right in town at the
local spitfire guy), we still haven't got to the o/d yet!
moral?....

CHECK THOSE FAN COUPLINGS FOR SLOP!!

Ron
'78 Spit (soon with j type)