Re: In defense of Italian cars[Was Spit carb part & an

To: Larry Vaughan <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: In defense of Italian cars[Was Spit carb part & an
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:03:28 -0700
I agree that the Fiero is potentially a great platform with its mid engine
design.  But GM didn't develop it properly until it had
gotten such a bad name for performance that it was too late to save.

There are 2 Fieros running the Southern Arizona autocross circuit today.  One
has a Cadillac V8 and the other has a highly modified
Quad 4 engine.  Both of them go like stink.  However, They only beat my lowly
Spitfire by 3 and 4 seconds, respectively at last
Sunday's event.

As soon as I get my Quaife Limited Slip installed, it should further narrow
that gap!!

Joe