Re: Redline?

To: Sports Outfitters Supply <sos@kymtnnet.org>
Subject: Re: Redline?
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:10:06 -0800 (PST)
Some main things that determine redline are how well
the engine is balanced, the type of bearing and con
rods you are using, the crank, valve springs, valve
guides, etc.  The list goes on.  Basically I think
that if you are still pulling as the revs increase
then don't shift.  If the engine is spinning at 8,000
rpm and going no where, that's when you have problems.
Mark
1969 GT6+ Convertable
--- Sports Outfitters Supply <sos@kymtnnet.org> wrote:

> I would like to know how the determination
> for maximum r.p.m. is made for an engine.
> I'm in the process of a high performance
> street rebuild of my 1500 engine and would
> like to know how to calculate the redline
> based on the changes I'm making. Thanks!
> Larry

=====
-Mark Holbrook-