Re: new to list

To: Peetso@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new to list
From: "Max Brewster" <brewsjl@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:00:56 -0000
Are you sure it is burned out? I had problems with intermitent fan
operation. I removed the brushes and cleaned the comutator by using a 1/4"
wooden dowel with rag soaked in brake parts cleaner to remove an oily
residue that had built up over time. I also cleaned the brushes. I let it
dry completley, installed the brushes, and it works great. You might check
this before replacing the fan motor.

Max Brewster
79' Spitfire