Re: Earthquake in Seattle

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Earthquake in Seattle
From: "M D (Doc) Nugent" <nugentmd@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:32:57 -0800
Ahem!  Surely you don't criticize the firm that flies you!  At my part of the
Renton plant, a three-story office building lost a bunch of windows, and a
manufacturing building across the street had a "fuel leak" that led to
evacuation.  Our little one-story building just provided us an interesting ride
- reminded me of the slow-motion bull-riding by Debra Winger in Urban Cowboy.  I
spent the whole half-minute hugging the door jamb.

Our 1932 farm house had already survived a similar quake in 1949 - I'd hoped the
original cracks would have been closed up by today's shaker, but they look the
same to me.  All Triumphs unharmed (we're now up to three plus a body tub).

Mike
Renton, WA

--
Mike - Renton, WA