Re: Cambs/Beds Spits

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cambs/Beds Spits
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 06:53:58 +0000
In article <3A9CEC83.4638E102@cam.ac.uk>, T. .R. Dafforn
<td214@cam.ac.uk> writes
>Hi Mike and Richard,
>I'm the lurking Cambridge Spit owner...
>Spit 1500 '75 Blue, Sophie..

Sounds like an excellent choice of name.   There used to be a very
pretty girl called Sophie who used to go around with the Carly after
whom my car is named - Carly was a blonde, and Sophie a brunette...

>I am a member of the TSSC mainly for the cheep insurance, mind you they were
>very
>helpful when I visited to look at an 'untouched' spit to work out how the
>wiring
>loom fits after I had part finished the restoration..
>Sophie is used as less than I like as I only have to cycle 1/4 mile to work!
>Looking forward to more weekends though once all the houshold DIY is finished!

Given that the snow continues to fall, I think I'm going to wimp out
today and drive the Saab to work.   Actually, part of the reason is that
the carburettors on Carly seem to have gone out of adjustment, and she
is running far too rich.   She's going in for a carburettor rebuild and
retune on Monday, and I don't really fancy standing in the snow fiddling
with the tuning.

ATB
Mike
--
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea,"
to be published by Greenhill Books on 28th March, 2001: