RE: duh my camshaft question

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: duh my camshaft question
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:49:03 -0500
I think shimming the pedestal would fix the pushrod-to-rocker
angle, but it would mess up the valve-rocker angle.

Ideally you would get shorter pushrods.

BTW, if you get a reground cam, it will have a smaller radius,
and this could more or less cancel out the head-shaving.

Finally, .030 is a minor head-shave, and would have a
relatively small effect on the valve geometry.

I did a .090 shave on my stock 8.0:1 1300, and I can still run on
regular gas.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit