Mystery component solved

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery component solved
From: "M. E. Foster" <foster_m@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:41:57 -0600
I guess we can put this one to rest. I think this is item 24 on the wiring
diagram in the Haynes manual, p. 262. To everyone who suggested "starter
relay", I got confused - I thought you were talking about the thing on
p.219 labeled "starter motor relay switch", and to Bob Sykes who provided
the English translation, "lamp test relay", thanks! I now know (I think) what
the most obscure and insignificant part on my car is and what it does.