Re: ?Source for Mk3 Vacuum advance(Delco Dist.)?

To: grm121@snet.net
Subject: Re: ?Source for Mk3 Vacuum advance(Delco Dist.)?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:00:28 -0700
George,
To make the distributor fit so that the tach cable is not so tight, do the
following:

1. Remove the distributor, noting where the rotor is pointing.
2. Reach down into the hole where the distributor came out and while twisting
the gear in a counter clockwise direction, pull it free
from the resting position.
3. Once it cones free, rotate it counterclockwise one tooth and reinsert it
while rotating it clockwise until it seats.
4. Reinstall the distributor and make sure that the rotor is slightly
counterclockwise from where it was originally.
5. Reconnect the distributor and statically time it.  Reconnect the tach cable
to see if it is in the correct position.  If it is still
too tight, repeat the process until it is correct.

That's it!

Joe