Two slightly arcane questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Two slightly arcane questions
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:08:25 -0500
Hello,

Here are two questions that came up as I was working on my car today:

1:  Has anyone ever seen a torque spec for the jam nuts
on the rocker arm adjusting screws?  They seem like something
you really don't want to have come loose (or get stripped), but
I have never seen a torque spec for them.

2: Consider where the speedometer and choke cables go through a
hole in the firewall (between the clutch MC and the coil).  Just
in front of the hole, a section of the wire harness runs sideways,
going from the fuse block to the coil, wiper motor, etc.  Does
the wire harness pass OVER or UNDER the speedometer and choke cables?
(Or was it dependent on the whim of the guy on the assembly line?)
This question probably makes sense only for left-hand-drive cars...

Thanks,

Doug Braun
'72 Spit