RE: Brake Master Cylinder

To: "'Mike Nelson'" <mnelson@tconl.com>
Subject: RE: Brake Master Cylinder
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:19:33 -0500
I am doing the same job on my 76.  You have to put break fluid on the seals
and wiggle the plastic housing down into the seals.

I have been fooling with mine for quite some time now.  I put new seals in
mine, used scotch brite to hone the interior of the cylinder lightly, and I
still can't get it to work.  Looks like mine will require boring and a
sleeve.  So, you should bench test it before you get too carried away.  I
put two short lines from the outlets to the reservoir .  On mine, I keep
getting air and very little break fluid.  If you can't get it to pump fluid
on the bench, don't bother putting it into the car.  These things are
simple, no valves, just ports and seals.  I am re-building my second one
now.  I will check out apple hydraulics in New York to see how much for a
re-build.