Good Weekend

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Good Weekend
From: Phillip <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:09:27 -0500
I just had a great weekend, I went for my first ride in my Spit, great
feeling.  It is hard to belive that I have had the car since August and
this was my first time to drive it.  Everything went really well except for
the fact that I forgot to put the other two lug nuts on each tire.  The car
has been on jack stands since I got it so I only needed two lug nuts to
hold the tires on.  I realized that mistake pretty quick when it started
making a clunking noise.  Other then that the only problem that I had was
that the speedometer doesn't work.  Further investigation of that showed
that the speedometer itself does work but the cable from the tranny to that
little box is broken.  Does any one have one of these that they would be
willing to sell?  The cable to the speedometer works fine, I put some
graphite on it and it turns smoothly and does make the needle move.

Phillip

metaz76@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~metaz76