Re: GM Carb Rebuild - NO LBC

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: GM Carb Rebuild - NO LBC
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:18:24 -0500
It took me years to get my Q-Jet (4 bbl) rebuilt properly- but I finally got
it. I used the GM manual, and threw away the Haynes one... It helps to have
a spare partser for it, too.

And, if it is an E4-MC(I think thats the designation) with all the
electronic junk, be VERY careful about removing and replacing the Throttle
Position Sensor- the little plunger breaks easily. New TPS's are about $30.
or more at Pep Boys, but usually in stock.

Some good kits have cheap copies of the requisite tools- the ones for
adjustment are quite necessary.

Scott