Oil pressure & 1500 seats anyone?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pressure & 1500 seats anyone?
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:09:10 -0800 (PST)
I know that someone said something regarding this
about a month ago, but I tossed the email.

What oil pressure should a spitfire read at?
At start-up (cold) I get around 55-60 psi.
At operating temperature at idle (~850 rpms) it's
around 25 psi.
At operating temperature at high-way speeds (3500)
rpms) I get around 50-55 psi.

It seems like a pretty large variation, but I seem to
remember the ford 302 that I owned w/an oil pressure
gauge, had a similar wide range, of course it ran
10w30 not 20w50.

Also! Show season & associated decent driving weather
are just around the corner for some of us. And if
anyone's thinking of buying new seat kits for their
1500, I might be able to save you some time, money and
trouble. I'm getting rid of my seats. The all black
vinyl, NO herring-bone insert, adjustable headrest
seats that were only on 1500's around 1976.

But send me email off-list if you're interested and
I'll give you details (I don't want to suck-up list
bandwidth with my trades/sales).

-Terry
'76 Spitfire 1500
Maryland (it's 62 deg today...but w/wind it feels like
32 deg.)
http://www.geocities.com/firespiter/
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/