UPS complaint & 1500 seats

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: UPS complaint & 1500 seats
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:59:35 -0800 (PST)
UPS is playing hide and seek with my new seats. As of
yet, I have not been able to obtain them (I took off
Friday to wait for the truck to show-up...even though
they have my signature on file and authorized to leave
packages).

They were supposed to have been held for pick-up, but
UPS screwed-up and stuck them on the truck, and after
complaining, they said that the Truck driver would be
by "some time today" (friday). Which turned-out to be
4:00pm which consisted of the driver driving past my
building at a snails pace, and then smoking the tires
when I ran outside to flag him down. Which I thought
was really clever. I must have forgotten to tip the
guy last time I got a package.

Long story short, it's going to be another week before
I post my seats. I can't install the new ones until I
1) get UPS to let me have them and 2) get back from
work in another state and of course, I've been chosen
for Jury duty on Wed. which the way my luck has been
going will turn into a sequestored trial, and then UPS
will ship them back to the vendor because I haven't
picked them up in 5 days.)

-Terry
'76 Spitfire 1500