Re: Attaching header to exhaust pipe

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Attaching header to exhaust pipe
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 19:03:55 -0400
I bought some flanges from JC Whitney, planning to do the exact same thing
myself.  They have a good selection.

You need a 2-hole instead of a 3-hole variety, or there will be
no room for it.  Even then, it will be a tight fit.  I am also
planning to add an extra short bracket to the flange on the header
so it can be fixed to a bolt on the bellhousing.  This
will relieve strees where the header attached to the engine itself.

I also wanted to put a flex-joint right after the header, but
I couldn't find one small enough to fit...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit