Ref Parts

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ref Parts
From: "Bob Coe" <coeb@cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:52:23 -0600
A big thanks to Michael Graziano for recommending Quimterm Mechanical, they
have the manifold I have  been looking for. .
And also thanks to Bill Miller for being so helpful after UPS screw up .
You other listers don't here much from me but I am always picking up mail from
you people just silently listening in and picking up all sorts of things!
I found my project last autumn after,  a 28 year break from Triumph, just
waiting for my kids to grow up and bingo the last child left home last
September. By October I had my spitfire back!
 Fred Griffiths put me in touch with the car in Calgary Canada
I purchased it with no engine or gear box as the previous owner was trying to
convert it to a spit 6
I then found on the spit list Greg Hendrix, who wanted rid of a 1974, 1500 in,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The price was right!  so I drove from Calgary Canada, to Philadelphia,
stripped the car down and drove home with everything I could fit in and on top
of my company caravan, 8400k in 5 days!
I have had the motor rebuilt and the transmission overhauled, all my parts
come from Rimmer Bros renewed shock's bushers bearings and everything from new
nuts and bolts to tires
body off frame sand blast and epoxy primed frame and  tub
I am a autobody technician that teachers paint spraying for PPG Coatings in
Western Canada with over 30 year experience, refurb, rebuilding and training .
but I could not get very far without you people.......
Thanks  BobCoe