Re: leak from spark plug holes

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: leak from spark plug holes
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 19:50:04 +0100 (BST)
Thanks everyone who replied to my original e-mail.  Anyway I just pulled
all the plugs to see if I could find out any more about the problem.
Anyway it looks like they are all being carbon fouled, so that suggests a
mixture problem, they are not sticky black like they would be if being
oil fouled.  Also what I thought was oil, I now think is petrol.  The
threads on the plugs on No.2 and No.3 are wet and both smell of petrol.
I now think that it is petrol that I can see coming out of the plug
holes.  Would this be at all consistent with a mixture problem?  Any
thoughts?

cheers
John & Saskia the Spit 1500
http://www.spit1500.co.uk