Is Rip torn, or just twisted?

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is Rip torn, or just twisted?
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 20:18:01 -0500
Greetings, Fellow Listers!

In between compression tests on Rip I've been taking a closer look at the
condition of the body.  He's not as fit as I first thought.  Although the
rockers have been replaced they were not welded, but pop riveted, along the
bottoms.  The doors do not fit well, a situation that I first attributed to
poor adjustment.  Now that I've looked more closely I'm not sure that is the
case.  I'm starting to wonder if the tub has sagged as a result of the rocker
replacement.  Are there dimensions available which would allow me to verify
this?  I've never seen anything relating to body dimensions.  If indeed the
tub has sagged, can it be successfully straightened?

BTW, after running the engine for about an hour the compression numbers are
125, 120, 120, 10.  Oil in the cylinder doesn't help.  Me thinks I have a
valve problem.

BillG

///