Over Drive Speedo Error on Stag UPDATE and POSSIBILITY

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, stag@digest.net
Subject: Over Drive Speedo Error on Stag UPDATE and POSSIBILITY
From: Patrick <pbaize@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:51:13 -0500
RPMS / TRANNY or OD GEAR / FINAL DRIVE RATIO / TIRE
ROTATIONS PER MILE * 60 = MPH

OK, I did the math

3000 RPM with the pirelli's = 58.4

Thats 3000 RPM  /  3.7 Diff  /  831 tire revs per mile   x   60    =  58.4

At 3000 RPM my speedo reads 72 MPH

My overdrive never engages    OR maybe its on all the time !!!!!

GUESS WHAT

3000 x .82 (4th &OD)  /   3.7  / 831 * 60 = 71.39     Hmmmmmmmmmm

So maybe my solenoid is stuck open?  Will this hurt it in 1st and 2nd?

I guess the sure way to know is to follow someone doing 50

THnx
Pat
63 Spitfire
68 Chevy C10