Re: Cracked Piston

To: <stiker2126@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cracked Piston
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:40:04 -0400
About 9 years ago, shortly after getting my car,  I discovered
that one cylinder had once swallowed a valve.  The piston had
not been replaced, and it had some big valve-shaped dents on
the top.  One of the dents was close to the edge, and it had cracked
the rings beneath it.  I was able to buy a single piston, with rings,
from BPNW.  So give them a try.

BTW, the cracked rings had hardly any effect on the compression.

Doug Braun
'72 SPit

At 12:29 PM 4/14/01 , you wrote:

>Looking for 1 piston for spit 1500, discovered a new
>one from a set just installed has cracked. I'm sure
>victoria brittish won't replace.

///