Water pump repair and the first ride

To: "Spitfires (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump repair and the first ride
From: Chuck Pedretti <chuckp@magenic.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 21:44:33 -0500
The weather in MN finally warmed up to the mid 50's so my wife and I could
take the spitfire out for our first real drive.  I replaced the plugs and
the water pump seal (yes, they are rebuildable!) and noticed that the
distributor was 180 degrees off, the PO had compensated by moving the plug
wires - I'll fix that later.  It drove nice, and with the exception of a
weak 3rd gear syncro, we were satisfied with it's performance.

Chuck Pedretti
Senior Consultant
Magenic Technologies

http://www.oldjeep.com