Header fit

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Header fit
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:15:02 -0400
Hello all,

Need a little advice. My Spit is a bit of a mongrel, 69 MKIII engine in a
77 chassis. I needed a new header as my old one cracked. I ordered one
(4-1) for a MKIII from Moss, but it does not quite fit. It hits the frame
before it is flush with the head. My mechanic thinks that the motor mounts
have collapsed a little, and also he thinks he can heat the header pipes
and bend it a bit for clearance. I have ordered new motor mounts, mine do
look a little dodgy. Should I have bought a header for a 1500 instead?

Any thoughts??

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the Spit.