65 project car for sale

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 65 project car for sale
From: "Len & Bonnie Lubbers" <lubbers@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:19:15 -0700
Hi all

In last week's Super Shopper www.supershopper.com, the following ad:

65 TRIUMPH spit fire [sic] convertible, flip on hard top, motor not seized,
needs restoration, asking $600.00, 705-434-9191

When I was near Barrie on Easter weekend, I called about the car.  Once I
heard that there were no floors I lost interest. You, however, may be
interested in the top.  According to the vendor it alone substantiates the
asking price.  Barrie is 1 hour north of Toronto, and the car is apparently
in Minden - further north of Barrie.

The car has been stored on gravel for the last couple years.  The parts are
in boxes and the owner abandoned the project after finding a better
Spitfire.

NFI

Len Lubbers '79 Spitfire
Ottawa, Canada www3.sympatico.ca/lubbers

///