Sometimes it's the smallest thing...

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Sometimes it's the smallest thing...
From: Ar164super@wmconnect.com
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 14:37:04 EDT
To everyone who replied to my "Strange Spitfire Problem" posting of last
week, thank you! Paul Tegler, however, gets the award for being the closest
in diagnosing the actual problem. I checked the static timing on the car, and
everything was OK. I checked voltage to coil, that was OK. I was about ready
to give up, and, while putting the distributor cap back on, remembered Paul's
suggestion that it could be a bad condensor. I took a look, and lo and
behold, the nut that holds the condensor wire and points-to-distributor wire
on the post had loosened, causing an interrupted circuit. All it took was
tightening that back up, and the car now runs like a champ again!

Thanks!

Adam Rodnitzky
'70 Spitfire Mk3
'94 Alfa Romeo 164LS