Re: Spit idle problem, help

To: KEschhofen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spit idle problem, help
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:03:23 -0400 (EDT)
Sounds too lean to me.  The idle runs high until the excess air
catches up, too lean to run, dies until the slow air flow in the
manifolds allow enough petrol to deposit on the runners, then
evaporate to enrich the mixture, then it's back to running high until
the air catches up again.

Try enriching the mixture a flat or two.  (Assusming SU carbs.  If
it's a ZS, I can't help.)

HTH,
Donald.