not thrashing - just noisy and quick

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: not thrashing - just noisy and quick
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:37:12 +0100
well well well, what fun I had yesterday with my new found rev limit.

if any of you know chislehurst and bromley (uk) - youll know that is pretty
hilly. down one hill and then up the next. hill climbing (and decending) is
fantastic! it seems much more satisfying than just going flat. i havent stopped
grinning since yesterday, and having driven in to college this morning Im still
grinning. the engine certainly warms up a lot quicker (I make sure not to
strain it in the first mile) and after a few miles the car is almost flying
(now I know why its called a spitfire) the engine seems to be alot more free
reving since I drove it up to about 5500rpm - even at low speeds the engine
revs easier. I imagine it just needed a good airing.

any way - ive got a nice drive this afternoon. i cant wait. although it looks
like rain......  lucky ive got my leakproof hard top on. (it rained like crazy
last saturday - the bathroom in my student house flooded it rained so much - in
the afternoon I had this terrible vision of my spitfire like a swimming pool -
I went out and checked and it was bone dry inside)

thanks to all the list members, this group is a fantastic source of information.

james

1977 Pimento Red Spit (with new 6000rpm limit)