Re: Brake drum screws

To: "Gary Hutton" <hutton@evansville.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake drum screws
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:47:54 -0400
I think the main purpose of these screws is to keep the drum from
falling off on the assembly line, when you rotate your tires, etc.
Certainly they are not needed once the wheels are on.

Hints:

1: Replace them if they are even a little beat up!  While
you can still unscrew them!  They are cheap.  They should include
some in every rear brake rebuild kit, IMHO.

2:  Tighten them gently, just a gentle twist with a screwdriver.

3:  Use anti-seize lubricant!!!!!!!!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit