Re: Pix of refinished wheels

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@cadvision.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pix of refinished wheels
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:33:42 -0400
The P400s were from tirerack.com.   $40 (US) each, plus $5 each
for shipping.

Pirelli's Web site does not mention a P4400, and P400s seem to
be about the only tire they make that comes in a 13-inch size.

I had considered powder-coating the wheels, but a couple of them were
rather heavily pitted from rust, and it did not seem worth spending
the $$$ to powder-coat them.  I sandblasted them and used
"Dupli-Color" silver wheel paint, covered with their clear wheel paint.

I also polished the black plastic center caps, which had gotten
rather grey from the sun.

Doug