Re: opening the bonnet - on the way! (from another list)

To: "Dan Canaan" <Flinters@picarefy.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: opening the bonnet - on the way! (from another list)
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:34:53 -0400
photos...photos.... we need photos!

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Canaan" <Flinters@picarefy.com>
To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 8:43 AM

I have gas struts on a spare chassis with bonnet attached and they do make
opening the bonnet so much easier.  They attach between the inner fender
wells near where the prop stick normally attaches and then to the outboard
side of the frame rails near the front of the chassis at the bumper mounts.
 A previous owner had fabricated bolt in mounts there that worked
wonderfully.  It's a one finger operation to lift the bonnet.  I definately
plan on moving the assembly to my current project.