Re: strange vibrations - resolution - Water pump??

To: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, triumphs-owner@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: strange vibrations - resolution - Water pump??
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 10:38:44 -0700 (PDT)
Do you run a fan on the water pump pulley?

Maybe it's a wonky belt or alternator bearing.

If it's on the motor and RPM related, you ought to be
able to reproduce it sitting still with the bonnet up.

Do you have a timing light?

Find a darker area (or wait 'till evening), check out
what's happening with the belts/pulleys, esp the wp,
illuminated by the TL.

I've been amazed how much belt whip you see on some
cars, observed this way.

Carter

http://personals.yahoo.com