Re: 4-2-1 header source? - just as good!

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4-2-1 header source? - just as good!
From: <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:53:55 -0500
???  Luara... you're header is a 4-1, not a 4-2-1
painted white right? Still have the DCOE Weber
installed right?
A pic of your engine is still up on the DCOE user's pages
at
http://www.teglerizer.com/dcoe/dcoepictures.htm

Jari's (4 photos above it) is a 4-2-1 style

Keep an eye out on EBay. Joe Esposito (of Quantum Mechanics
fame) up in New England somewhere has been importing the
crossover 4-2 European spec cast iron manifolds
and 2-1 twin downpipe setups.  He's also the guy
you see selling the twin Euro-spec HS4 carbs and manifolds
for the Spits. (a set is up for auction right now)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597245210&r=0&t=0

It doesn't look like he has a set up right now, but I can
speak from personal experience that adding this unit
to  my '75 Spit (twin SU's went on awhile ago)  was a very
noticeable difference in the 2K-4krpm range. And it's a heck of a lot
cheaper than most of the after market headers you'll find.

The standard 'el cheapo' Pacesetter 4-1 headers are fine at the
top end of the rpm range but don't do much in the mid range.
The 4-2-1 will give you a nice feel in the mid range.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com

Paul T.