It was just a joke!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: It was just a joke!
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:00:25 -0800 (PST)
Before too many more people email me and tell me I'm
crazy for driving around with a 6' ladder over my
head...or strapped to a car with a brand new paint
job.

I do use the car as a daily driver, And they do want
us to carry as much equipment as possible, so much
that the trunk and passenger seat are regularly full
of crap. But I don't tie stuff to the roof or have
three foot safety cones sticking out of the trunk when
I drive around!
Also the little satchel nested in the ladder is a Time
domain Reflectometer- It's a $30,000.00 test set.
(Think they'd notice it's gone after I'm layed off?
Probably.) And the ladder was "Tied" down using
Category 5 ethernet cables...and the way it tappers
toward the top, I think It'd slide out of the back
everytime I accelerate from the stop light.

I figure I'm tempting fate enough just by driving the
car into Washington D.C. every other day.
-Terry
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com