Bonnet Issues

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet Issues
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:50:48 -0500
Ok, I am at the point where I am reassembling the main body, just about to
prime everything...(The engine is being rebuilt at the same time, parallel
restoration)

I have sworn to do battle with the Herald bonnet. No matter what I do, I can
not get the gaps between bonnet and door to match on both sides! The passenger
side is apparently all the way forward, and the driver side all the way back,
yet the gaps are opposite! Passenger side is tight, and driver side is wide.
What gives? I know the bonnet was damaged from a front impact on the passenger
side, but everything there seems to measure out properly. Then, once I think I
have everything set, I open and close the whole mess a couple times, and it
finds a new position.

Besides getting truly pissed(American AND Brit connotations), what can I do?
Any ideas?

Scott

PS- I MAY HAVE A NEW E_MAIL ADRESS SHORTLY DUE TO THE @HOME FIASCO OF TRYING
TO EXTORT THEIR CUSTOMERS FOR MORE MONEY BY THREATENING TO CUT SERVICE.