Re: Classic Car Insurance, UK

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance, UK
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 06:58:05 -0800 (PST)
That's quite worrying that insurance can go up that much in one year.  I
would guess that this is part due to the September 11th attacks.  I would
be interested to hear where you finally decide to take insurance and how
much it costs.  I have my copy of practical classics here, so here's the
names and numbers of all the insurers in the latest issue:

Sureterm Direct - 0870 2020230
RH Insurance - 01277 206911
Footman James - 0121 5614196
Carole Nash - 0800 2985566
Classic and Sports Car Indurance - 01604 639011
Roadsure Ltd - 020 8989 3339
Peter Best - 01621 840400
Heritage - 0121 2466060
Autosure - 01422 347666
Classic Club Direct - 0800 2982754
Performance Direct - 0870 8704858
Classicline insurance - 01455 639000
Classic and Collectable Club - 028 703 44321
Classic Direct UK - 01480 484827
Gott & Wynne - 01492 870991
Ravenswood Insurance - 020 83352210
Lynbrook Insurance - 01704 822661
Firebond - 08704 440556

That's all the adverts I could spot in there anyway, hope that one of
these has a significantly cheaper quote than Lancaster!

cheers
John