Re: Going topless - or "Thats the spirit!"

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going topless - or "Thats the spirit!"
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:19:12 +0000
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

> >Hardtop comes off this weekend!
>
> You can't be serious!   (Or you can't be in the UK at the moment...)

Well I was very serious! <g>  - but thanks in part to my british eccentricity -
getting wet doesnt seem to matter any more - especially when you're driving
around in a spit. I just keep thinking - this is the spirit - this is how it was
meant to be driven. Even though I do get strange looks from other drivers -
especially when they see the demented grin on both my face, and the my
passenger's. Although the passenger's might be a bit more of a grimace....

Most of my friends think theirs something mentally wrong with me anyway - I may
as well live up to it.....

Today the weather seems to have brightened up - however hearing the rain lashing
down last night kept me awake - I've never felt sorry for a car before. However
I awoke this morning to find the seats pretty much bone dry - considering the
amount of rain anyway. The last couple of days have certainly been a real test
for the soft top.

No I don't regret taking the hard top off at all (he says with a giant grin and
wet trousers)

Honestly their's nothing wrong with me.....

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit