Re: End of an era?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: End of an era?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:57:18 +0100
In article <3CA9BA0A.B3CB09F7@cam.ac.uk>, T. .R. Dafforn
<td214@cam.ac.uk> writes
>Hi listers,
>Looks like it could be the end of the road for me and sophie ('75 1500).

:-(   Are you *sure* you want to do this?

>With the arrival of Baby Joel (9 months and cute) its been getting more
>and more frustrating not being able to go cruising with Corinne (36 and
>cute), so am thinking I need 4 seats.
>So looks like Sophie has to leave to make room for a Triumph Vitesse
>(good news its still a triumph and it has a 6 pot lump)
>Any one interested in a near mint (ask Mike Mawson or Richard Gosling)

I am happy to confirm that this is a beautiful car.   I haven't
"inspected" her, so don't take that statement as a guarantee of
mechanical and electrical perfection, but she certainly looks the part.

>spit.
>Thought I'd offer her to friends first.!!
>New floors, sills, rear wings (outer and inner). recon engine and
>gearbox (<15k miles). Rebuilt and powder coated suspension with poly
>urethane bushes. Twin weber DCOEs, extractor SS manifold and twin sports
>sysem (sounds fantastic and goes like stink), oil cooler plus much much
>more.
>4000 pounds.
>Cheers (sadly)
>Tim
>PS anyone know of a A1+ vitesse convertable pre 1970 going for less than
>4K?

I thought these things were very much more expensive than Spitfires? Are
you hoping to do a straight swap?

If you want to swap Sophie (or if anyone else out there wants to swap
any running Triumph, pre-1976) for a 1990 Saab 9000S, let me know.

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"