Damper oil recant

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Damper oil recant
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:04:36 -0800 (PST)
Glenn is right,
  I had it backwards, evidently it's a matter of
vaccum pressure over the bridge/venturi and not a
matter of needle taper recession that increases fuel
flow.
  Disregard my bassackwards description.
  But according to several searches I just did,
"racers use very light oil or none at all because it
increases accelerative response (?) even though
doesn't give any boost due to lack of enrichment."
(Now that sounds a bit self contradictory).

Evidently racers use light oil (good for
acceleration?). And light oil is good for economy. So
I'm not really sure there's any good reason for using
a viscous oil.

Discussion on dashpots and constant depression carb
effects:
http://www.worldfolk.com/IME/ime/d.html

-Terry
http://taxes.yahoo.com/