Re: first autox of 2002

To: "Dave G." <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Subject: Re: first autox of 2002
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:26:29 -0700
"Dave G." wrote:

> Spitlisters:
>     I just completed the years first autocross. In my class (FSP) I had two
> 2000 S-10 sonomas with one being the X-trem model. I came in second to the
> X-trem but what makes me feel good is the fact that he had to take out the
> right side headlight to create a sort of cold air ram type device. That
> along with his KONI adjustable shock and some massive grip tire made him
> beat me by ONLY 1.14 seconds. My 25 yr old SPITFIRE ran like a champ!!!
>     FWIW I ran with about 48 psi on the front tires and about 33 psi on the
> back tires. I use BFG euro 185-70H-13's.
>     It was a great weekend!!!!
>             Dave Gebhard
>             1977 Spit

I Love It!  You guys up in the Tundra are just getting around to starting your
season and I have already run 7 events down here in Sunny Arizona!  :)

Anyway, congrats on your success.  Wanna buy Tiny Tim's first engine and GT6
gear box?  It is full race and puts out somewhere in the 115-120 hp.
(Haven't had it dynoed).  It should be a real screamer in FSP with the webers
and all the aluminum pieces in the drive train.

Joe