Rear brake drums

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear brake drums
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 07:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
I managed to strip a bleeder screw on one of my
Spitfire's rear cylinders last weekend. this weekend
I've taken to trying to rebuild the rear brakes (I've
had the shoes, springs etc. for over a year, so I
figure this is an opportune time.)
Now, I've spent the better part of the morning,
hammering, prying, saturating with pb blaster, and
torching the rear drums and I cannot figure out how to
get the G'damned drums off of this car.
I've changed drums on a barretta and a ford, and they
practically fall-off once you relieve the brake
pressure.  It appears as though I need to drop the
half-axle and rear suspension, drag it to a machine
shop and have them press the drum off. What the F' am
I missing?

-Terry
http://health.yahoo.com