Re: Fwd: Car shows- slight rant

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Car shows- slight rant
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:42:10 +0100
In article <20020509.103327.-982083.2.gjdurham@juno.com>, gary durham
<gjdurham@juno.com> writes

>When you mention that the trailer Queen
>owners look down their noses at you, just remember that, even 'tho they
>look down, they're still so far below you that they're really looking up
>your ass.

<snip>

As a "real" Triumph owner (in your terms), I wish to make my desire to
distance myself as far as possible from your sort of inverted-snobbery
bullshit perfectly clear.

Frankly, I am very grateful that there are people out there with the
time and the resources required to recreate "showroom-new" classic
Triumphs, so that we and future generations can see how they are
supposed to appear.   Yes, I'm quietly proud of the fact that my
Triumphs are cars that I drive daily, and not showpieces that need to be
trailered everywhere to avoid getting dusty, but there's room for all in
the hobby - or if there isn't, there should be.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV